Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stolen Pictures

I have finally become victim to this after 2 years of posting my pictures on the web. It is apparently a very common thing and there really is no way of controlling the situation. My flickr contacts were kind enough to notify me of my stolen pics and my pics were of the website by the evening after a very firm email sent to the culprit from my furious husband.

The website is http://www.cupcake-dreamy.net based in Singapore. I had a quick look and almost all of her picture, including her gallery are all stolen! I cant believe they can pass them off as their own. I just wonder what the cupcakes look like that they end up giving to their customers. I am sure it doesnt look like the pictures they have stolen.

All I can say is the Flickr network is very HUGE and if anyone tries to take pictures off our photostreams and claim it as their own - they will be caught!

6 comments:

Jessica R Bishop said...

FYI I just checked their site and some of your pictures are still on there... the princess ones...

millimilli said...

There are weirder people out there - there was this dude who was stealing bits and pieces from people's blogs and passing the frankensteinian result off as his own blog...

Lilia said...

omg! that's bad to hear!! i can't believe they can pull that off!
how annoying is that, all your hard work ends up at other people's credit!!

Unknown said...

ooo my...cant imagine how these plp actually can do business..she also stole pixs from a local cupcake baker here in Singapore..hope she realised what she is doing after reading the warning u sent.

Gina Choong said...

Hi, I am naming this person in my forum and site. Because 2 of my good friends also had their photos taken and used on her blog. I found out that someone actually ordered wedding cupcakes from her for a wedding. Guests, family were greatly disappointed with it. It tastes horrible and the design was not up to the mark. I wanted to share this info with you to let you know that you are not alone in this. You have every right to be angry and upset. I hope the law catches up on her really soon..!

Klaire with a Cake said...

Thank you all for your support. It just never ends as long as the internet exists. But at the same time we need the internet for marketing ourselves also.