Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Marshmallow (Fluffy) Frosting Recipe


As a member of CakeCentral.com the recipe for this frosting has proven to be the most requested by those who view my work. It is very light and has a nice shiny finish.

I got this recipe from a magazine...
 
This is enough to ice about 36 standard cupcakes
 
3 eggwhites
1 cup caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup water
 
Bring the sugar and Place sugar, water, cream of tartar in saucepan over high heat and stir until sugar is dissolved,
Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
( I usually bring sugar syrup to firm ball stage - this ensures the eggwhites get cooked)
Place eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form. While motor running slowly pour in hot sugar syrup, beat until thick and glossy.
 
This is actually my favourite icing and the leftovers I stick in the oven and make meringues.
 

No comments: