Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cupcake Stand by TLC


Another very popular request I get from CakeCentral is my cupcake stand. When I first started creating my cupcakes I could not afford the nice perspex acrylic stands so I decided to create my own version that was a fraction of the cost using cake boards and pvc pipes from the hardware store.

Here are the instructions:

To make cake stand I purchased MDF cake boards in varying sizes and also pre-cut pvc plumbing pipes (10cm height) from local hardware shop and glued them together with super glue. 

The top board is 8" then 10" then 12" then 14" from memory for a 4 tier.

I also glued ribbon to the edge to match the colour theme.


2 comments:

Gail said...

Hi!
Very impressed with the standard of your work. Was looking for Iggle Piggle Cake ideas when I saw your fabulous creation on Flickr. Was surprised to find that you are in Australia!
Grandson's 1st birthday coming up and emailed daughter in law your photo, saying "wouldn't that be great, but would be too hard", she emailed back "Come on Nanny Gail, you can do it!". So I need to know do you make cup cake toppers to order? Can you send them to Melbourne? It is on 7th June. THANK YOU!!!

Klaire with a Cake said...

Hi Gail,

Thank you for looking at the work. The Iggle Piggle was for my son's 1st Birthday and the toppers were all hand made out of fondant using a small oval cutter. I can organise to send some toppers over to you if you are interested. Just email me details klaire@thelittlecupcakery.com.au
Looking forward to hearing from you.