Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pink Peony Rose Cakes

May madness for cakes has begun! I have quite a few birthday celebrations in the family this month and of course yours truly will be making special cakes for special people in my life.

To kick things off I have created a hot pink peony rose simple birthday cake for a combined family party for all the May celebrants. I love the simplicity and vibrancy of the peony rose with this cake.


The second cake is for my neice's 18th birthday party. The request was a pink cake and the rest was up to me. The design was inspired by a cake I saw in Christopher Chavez website Cake Occassions. He loves to create patters using cutters and fondant. So effective! So I looked at all the flower cutters I had and chose the cutter with multiple sizes to create the lace-like effect.


Stay tuned as I have 2 more cakes left to do this month...


No comments: