Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Manika Cakes by The Little Cupcakery


I am very proud to introduce the project that I have been working on the past few weeks. I was inspired by the talented creators of cute custom dolls online creating adorable dolls for adorable little people. I also love to sew but don't actually own a sewing machine but I can bake and decorate cakes. So after a lot of drafting ideas I came up with Manika Cakes by The Little Cupcakery  ('manika' means 'doll' in my native language)

These adorable cakes are perfect for a little girl's birthday, christenings and baby showers.

Manika cakes are made from moist chocolate mud cake iced in decadent chocolate ganache and covered in fondant.



Cupcakes are a perfect accompaniment to Manika Cakes especially when displayed on a tiered cake stand.

Manika Cakes can be custom made to match your little girls features from hair colour to freckles on the face.

This creation was for my niece's christening over the weekend. It was very heartbreaking when time came to cut the cake as it was too cute to demolish.




(For those wanting to use my Manika Cakes as inspiration for their own cakes please credit The Little Cupcakery as the original designer and creator....Thank you)







No comments: